Contact a Banner Engineer
About Your Application
Banner's GPS (Global Positioning System) monitoring solution is designed specifically for industrial users. The device is built into a fully sealed, IP69K rated, polycarbonate housing, eliminating the need for a separate remote antenna and control unit. This ultra-rugged, compact form factor can be mounted permanently or temporarily with the optional magnetic mount.
The Banner GPS50M communicates its GPS coordinates via Modbus RTU protocol, which allows it to interface with HMIs, PLCs, PCs, or any Modbus Master Controller to give you endless application solution opportunities. Features include:
- Positional accuracy (CEP50) autonomous positional error less than 2.5 meters
- SiRF Star IV GPS chip
- Satellite-based augmentation systems: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- High sensitivity navigation engine (PVT) tracks as low as -163 dBm
- Modbus slave device; RS-485 half-duplex serial communications
- Internal GPS updates once every second
- Environmental rating: IP69K per DIN 40050
- Operating temperature of -40 °C to 80 °C
- Available with a 2 meter integral cable
The following are some of the accessories available for the GPS Module.
Use the GPS Module Software to view the module's register data. This file downloads as a ZIP file that includes some basic instructions about installing and using the GPS Module Viewer software.